Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Subsidized course for seniors

To
stforum@sph.com.sg
Sat, 09March.2011.
subject Re My point
I would like to refer to Mr Thomas Lees letter in the Straits times about Active aging and subsidized courses for seniors.
I whole heartedly support this suggestion as some of the courses at the community centres are quite expensive and retires may not be able to afford it.
I would like to bring a point forward as to why foreigners who are employment pass holders and dependants get to enjoy the same benefit as local Singaporeans.
I think it is only fair that Foreigners should pay more than locals.
When I travel to the UK, I have to pay the full fare on the train and buses where as local senior citizens pay nothing.They also have free and subsidized courses for locals but not for foreigners.
I think this should be looked into.
Community centres can collect more from foreigners and hence can give more subsidy to locals.

No comments: