Thursday, April 14, 2011

I was walking from the Bueno vista MRT to block 9 Ghim moh road on monday 21st march 2011 at around 10 30am and I was shocked to see this small old man who could barely walk cleaning the car park area.He was wearing a blue and yellow uniforn. I felt very sad and did not know what to do so I handed him ten dollars knowing that it would not help him much but what could I do? He looked at me with surprise and watched me walk away until the end of the car park.I am wondering if this company who hired him could not see his condition or they could not be bothered . He should have been refered to an organization where they could help him and perhaps give him monthly food ration to survive so he did not need to work.It is a shame to see many old people working so hard in Singapore when they should be enjoying their last years of their life in comfort. Is there anything that can be done to help this man. I am willing to help him in whatever way I can.

1 comment:

Shamim Moledina said...

TODAY'S CONTEMPLATION

Nothing fixes a thing so intently in the memory
as the wish to forget it.

-- Cat Patrick